We’re located in the Bayview area of San Francisco, at 3450 3rd St, unit 5E. The unit is in a small industrial park, and parking is available immediately outside the park, next to the Islais Creek.
Before reaching out to us, please read below.
As we are entirely volunteer-run, it can be difficult for us to keep on top of emails. We have updated the information on this page in an effort to address the most common questions we receive. Please read below, and you may find that your question has already been answered!
If the below doesn’t help you, and you need to contact us by email, please use one of the email addresses below. We try to ensure people receive a reply within a couple days. Thank you for your patience!
When will the next class be scheduled? How can I avoid missing the application window?
Unfortunately we will no longer be offering courses.
Your classes are always full / I waited ages to sign up and then I didn’t get in!
It’s true, our supply can’t seem to keep up with demand! We’re very grateful that there is such interest in our classes, but unfortunately this means we typically have more applicants than workbenches. We do our best to offer learning opportunities throughout the year, but since our instructors volunteer their time, at the moment we don’t have the capacity to run additional courses. Thanks for understanding!
I have woodworking experience, and am interested in becoming a member. Whom should I email?
Unfortunately we are not accepting new members at this time.
Can I use the woodshop for a small project I have in mind without becoming a member?
Can I get a couple of pieces of wood cut to size if I come by the shop?
Unfortunately, no. The only people who can use the shop are members or class attendees. There are no exceptions to this.
Can you guys build me something?
Our organization does not take commissions, even small ones.
Still have questions?
If our website doesn’t contain the information you need, you can contact us at one of the email addresses below:
- firstname.lastname@example.org – for existing members only – questions pertaining to scheduling, stopping membership, etc.
- email@example.com – for inquiries about becoming a member (please read/apply via the Memberships page first!)
- firstname.lastname@example.org – for inquiries regarding our short project classes, including the Cutting Board classes
- email@example.com – for inquiries regarding our longer course offerings, including the Woodworking 101 courses
- firstname.lastname@example.org – to inquire about commissioning work from individual members